Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Chase

And so there we were out running....when a small dog got loose from his owner and began chasing us. At first it was funny because the dog was only 9 inches tall and a very small critter.

Bound and determined the stubby dog high tailed it after Ivy and I. Now both Ivy and I are good runners, however we had to pick up our pace to avoid the small frantic animal.

The owner of the dog called after it to return, but her pleading was ignored by the dog and the two runners cranked it up a notch signaling a challenge to the dog...yeah try and catch us.

80 meters down the street, (which must have seemed like a mile for the dog), Ivy and I began to slow, and were surprised we hadn't outpaced it. We split and the dog had to make a choice who'd he go after....sure....go after the guy.

As I ran back to the owner I determined to run passed the owner and hopefully she would intercept the dog on the first pass....on the second pass she grabbed him and as Ivy and I ran off you could hear her scoldings her beloved dog.

Who would have thought small dogs could run so fast?

Nate-

No comments: