Thursday, October 6, 2011

Be Careful What You Ask For

Last night we went to a large Thai supercenter (like a Thai Walmart) to get household supplies. One item on our list was shampoo. We managed to find the hair care aisle (I think), but didn’t see English writing on the Thai products. Hoping the word for shampoo was universal, I picked up a pink bottle that I assumed was shampoo and pointed to it.

“Shampoo?” I asked. The lady nodded confidently. I pointed to another bottle of the same brand. “Shampoo?” Again, she nodded and repeated the word. Glad to know that the Thais use the same word as us for hair products, we bought the bottle and left the store.

Tonight I found myself flipping through the Thai phrasebook reading random words. Apparently “champoo” means pink. I don’t know what substance is in the pink bottle we bought, but hopefully it’s meant to clean hair. If it’s a dye that turns our hair pink, then we’ll have a whole new series of blogs for next week.

7 comments:

Michael Shipe said...

This post left me grinning ear to ear.

Love you guys!

emily said...

LOL. I am keeping you in my prayers. Enjoying the posts.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear who tries it first!

Dale Fincher said...

A riot!

Anonymous said...

After trying the "pink" stuff I'm still not sure what it is...maybe conditioner or hand lotion. It didn't suds-up like I expected. Thankfully my hair is still a normal color. Nate-

PARISBarrs said...

that is very funny!

Anonymous said...

Just read this! Too funny! :) Thanks for the laugh! At least you'll never forget how to say "pink"!

:)

miss